Where do we go from here on the Internet? This requires wisdom.

« Home 

Donora Harley-Davidson Dealership: A Piece of Hog History - Permanent Link
Monday, October 22, 2007

Posted by: Jim

Harley-Davidson Dealership Donora, PADonora, PA - Harley-Davidson Dealership

The second family owned Harley-Davidson Dealership in the United States was in Donora, Pa. The first one, I am told was in San Francisco, CA.

The Harley-Davidson historical site is located at 1380 Meldon Ave, Donora, PA 15033.

Below is a picture of James Cerini at the front of the original shop. James Cerini recently purchased the original building, with plans to make the old historical building into a Harley Davidson museum. The outside of the building still has the familiar Harley-Davidson signage, with a bench in front that reads, "84 Years Of Friendly Service." The inside of the shop has numerous historical pictures, original cabinets, glass display cases, shelves, emblems, and parts bins. The floor is original wood, oil soaked, that is worn from years of foot traffic and motorcycles.

The shop area has tools strewn about, with a frame of a motorcycle in the middle of the floor, next to a hoist for lifting. The Service Department doors still look of years gone by. If only the walls could talk, I am sure there are thousands of stories about the old shop. James told me when I visited him, "Excuse the mess, I just purchased the place and there is much cleanup needed. Everything as you see it, is pretty much how it was left." Even though the shop was cluttered, the ambiance was perfect and took me back in time. With some cleanup, it will make a memorable site. I can picture James giving a tour, with him telling the stories from behind the counter.

James had numerous stories about the pictures on the walls, with some of the earliest ones going back to the early days when the shop was first opened back in 1920, when two Italian immigrants, Ernest and Olivia Cerini opened the Harley-Davidson shop in a small schoolhouse in Donora, PA.

I am not a Harley-Davidson owner, but I know several of my friends that are, and I am sure they, and tens of thousands of other Harley-Davidson motorcycle owners and enthusiasts, would love to visit and relive a piece of Harley-Davidson history.

So, next time when you are in Southwestern Pennsylvania, lookup James Cerini, and get a tour of the old Harley-Davidson Dealership in Donora.

Harley-Davidson Donora James Cerini
Harley-Davidson Donora
84 Years Of Friendly Service
Harley-Davidson Donora PA
Harley-Davidson Service Department
Harley-Davidson Shop Donora
Harley-Davidson James Cerini Inside Shop
Early Harley-Davidson Sidecars Motorcycles
Early Group of Harley Davidson Riders
1928 Harley Davidson Dealers Sales School
Early Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Donora PA


View Larger Map


The new Cerini Harley-Davidson Buell Dealership is located at 4325 State Route 51, North Rostraver, PA 15012, and is owned by James Cerini's cousins, Eric and Ernest R. Cerini.

Business Marketing Solutions by Jim Warholic

Labels:


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

posted by Jim Warholic @ 11:07 AM,

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I remember visiting my grandmother who lived on tenth street. I would walk down to the donors Harley shop even though it was thru a rough neighborhood I'd walk it. I was 12 when I started doing that,wish I still had that t-shirt. That place intrigued me .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »



..










...

free web stats